Keepin' it simple this year for Easter Sunday!
With my insanely busy (but amazing) schedule with work, school (almost done with that thesis!) and dietetic internship (3.5 more months!), I have been making recipes ahead of time on the one day I sort of have time... Meal Prep Sunday. When I saw this month's Recipe Redux "Easter is April 1. Passover begins March 30. Whether or not you are celebrating either holiday, show us your favorite family recipes for springtime celebrations." I knew I had to whip up something simple, sweet and distributed among the whole family. Why not make a big batch and gift home-made mixed berry jam this Easter?! All you need are 4 simple things:
- Frozen fruit (I used leftover berries I toss in the freezer for smoothies)
- Mason Jars (containers)
Mixed Berry Jam
Yield: 4- 16 oz mason jars
- 7 cups frozen mixed berries
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 1.75 oz container fruit pectin
- In a large pot over medium heat, combine mixed berries, sugar and pectin. Stir constantly and bring to a boil, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit for about 5 minutes. Pour into mason jars and let sit over night. Mixture will start to thicken.
Serve on a biscuit and enjoy!