It is officially fall and I am celebrating with a fall (color) inspired smoothie bowl! So, this was one of my few attempts at a smoothie bowl but there will be more recipes to come :) I would like to share that a smoothie bowl is filling and it CAN be a nutritious breakfast... with the right ingredients.
Smoothies are known to be high calorie and full of sugar. If you substitute the sugary ingredients like fruit juices and yogurt for less sugary foods like water or natural sugars from fruit, you can enjoy a smoothie or smoothie bowl without the added sugar guilt!
This wonderful combination includes spinach, natural sugars from my favorite fruits, water and chia/flax seeds. ENJOY!
Fall Smoothie Bowl
- 1 large banana, frozen
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 mango, diced (save some for topping)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1/4 cup homemade granola, try my classic granola recipe (for topping)
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries (for topping)
- In a blender, combine banana, strawberries, 1/2 mango, water and spinach. Blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Place in freezer for 5-10 minutes.
- Take out of freezer and top with chia/flax seeds, granola, other 1/2 mango and blueberries. Be creative with your design and enjoy!