Summer has finally hit me! I just finished my dietetic internship and now I have (what feels) like all the time in the world to create yummy recipes and finally get back on my recipe redux posts! For this month's Recipe Redux, I was ready to take on some of my favorite ingredients. The theme being "Peaches, plums, nectarines, apricots: we love them all! And they are at their peak season now in summer. So show us your favorite healthy recipe celebrating stone fruits", I knew a delicious and colorful sweet and savory summer salad would hit the spot!
This recipe is simple and only needs 5 awesome ingredients
Sweet and Savory Summer Salad
- 4 peaches, pitted and diced
- 10 heirloom tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 small seedless watermelon, scooped into pieces or chopped
- 1/2 cup mozzarella pearls (about 10-12)
- balsamic glaze (homemade or store bought)
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mix well. Pour on a large serving platter. Top with balsamic glaze and serve chilled.
For homemade glaze:
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
- Add balsamic vinegar and honey (or sugar) in a small saucepan set over medium heat. Reduce the heat to medium-low heat once the mixture begins to bubble. Simmer until reduced by half, for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool before serving.