I could eat hummus everyday. When I saw this month's Recipe Redux sponsored by Sabra Hummus, I had to join in on the recipe fun. I was excited to come up with a delicious plant-based entree. One of my favorite flavor combos is sun dried tomato with pesto. So one of the new Sabra hummus flavored definitely was calling my name. Introducing "no-meat" balls made with sun dried tomato hummus and veggies on a nice bed of angel hair pasta and pesto sauce. This is a simple recipe that can also be used to make leftovers-- freezer friendly!
“I received free samples of Sabra mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
Sun Dried Tomato Hummus Veggie Balls
Makes 10-12 veggie balls
For veggie balls:
- 1 cup Sabra Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
- 1 egg
- ½ cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs, divided
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided in ½ and ¼ cups
- ¼ cup prepared tomato pesto
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups cooked angel hair pasta
- 4 tablespoons pesto sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place Sabra Sun Dried Tomato hummus in a bowl, set aside. In a blender or food processor, combine egg, onion, bread crumbs, oats, cheese, pesto and basil leaves, blend until you have a cookie dough like consistency. Scrape into bowl with hummus and mix well. Form mixture into 2 inch balls.
- In a separate bowl, mix together ½ cup panko bread crumbs and ¼ cup shredded cheese. Roll each veggie ball in the crumbs, set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan and brown each ball on all sides.
- Place veggie balls on a non-stick baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with pesto or marina sauce and pasta of your choice. Enjoy!