As a college student, I sometimes have trouble finding affordable ingredients to make healthy meals. I have found a solution to this problem. I like to make salads. One of my favorite salad blends is a mixture of dark leafy greens, chicken and avocado. This salad combination is guaranteed to keep you full throughout the day. Dark leafy greens provide the body with wondrous amounts of iron, vitamins and minerals, chicken is a great source of protein and avocados contain the good monounsaturated fats. Everything you need for a balanced meal.
Dark Leafy Green-Chicken Caesar Salad
- Dark leafy greens or kale
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 avocado
- 4 ounce chicken breast
- 3 tablespoons Caesar dressing
- Wash dark leafy greens or kale and place in bowl.
- Wash cherry tomatoes and cut into halves. Place on top of salad.
- Wash and cut avocado in half, remove seed. Scoop desire amount of avocado into salad bowl.
- Cut chicken breast into bite sized pieces and add to salad.
- Add caesar salad dressing, desired amount. Toss salad for evenly spread dressing and serve.