I love making cookies, so I decided to make cookies that contained dark chocolate chunks and sweetened coconut flakes...it was a great combination. This recipe gives you the rich dark chocolate taste and crunch of coconut flakes in each cookie!
Dark Chocolate Coconut Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 1/4 cup sweetened coconut flakes (or shredded coconut)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, combine flours and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugars, vanilla and egg, with an electric mixer, until smooth. Add the flour mixture and beat until blended. Stir in dark chocolate chunks and shredded coconut.
- Drop the dough by level tablespoons onto a baking sheet. Flatten the cookies by pressing down with a spatula.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool for 5 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and serve.