For this month's Recipe Redux, the theme was to create something in a mason jar. Many ideas were running through my head but I soon decided to make a salsa with some tangy and spicy ingredients! As many people know, I am obsessed with pineapple so I hope you enjoy this spicy pineapple salsa recipe. Spicy Pineapple Salsa
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, diced (or 1 (8-ounce) can diced pineapple)
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped (desired amount, or to taste)
- 1 lime
- Combine pineapple, tomato, onion, jalapeno and cilantro in jar and mix well.
- Cut and squeeze lime juice over salsa mixture and stir, until evenly coated.
How do you do food in a jar?
For more mason jar food ideas, check the link below!