"Fall in Love with Grapes!" is the theme for the Recipe Redux member contest sponsored by California Table Grape Commission. I love grapes! I was very excited to hear about this contest because I had never made anything but a fruit salad when using grapes. So to be more creative I thought of a delicious, healthy salad combination including grapes, celery, walnuts and yogurt! This is a perfect snack on a hot day or a great morning treat. Grapes are sweet, juicy and enjoyable throughout the year and are a natural source of antioxidants and other polyphenols. They are also low calorie, contain no fat, cholesterol and are a great source of vitamin K.
Disclosure: By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the California Table Grape Commission and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Grape, Celery and Walnut Salad
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 3 celery stalks, washed and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain or vanilla yogurt
1. To prepare walnuts: In a large sauce pan, melt butter then add walnuts. Coat walnuts with sugar and stir until evenly coated. Remove from heat and set aside. (Or place in fridge to cool)
2. In large mixing bowl combine red grapes, sliced celery and yogurt. Mix until grapes and celery are evenly coated with yogurt. Add walnuts to the mix and stir until evenly coated or enjoy walnuts on top of salad.
Note: Put walnuts in refrigerator to cool before adding to salad.