Who says you can't eat cereal for dessert!?
I loved this month's Recipe ReDux theme (No-Bake Desserts) because I have been waiting to make my very own cereal bars. I was also excited to know that I had all of the ingredients right here in my dorm!
Cereal bars: delicious, quick and easy to make. Enjoy :)
No Bake Cereal Squares
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup cheerios
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup pure honey
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- Lightly grease an 8x8 inch pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine rolled oats, cheerios, dried cranberries, dried pineapple, and walnuts. Mix well.
- On stove top, heat honey and peanut butter in pot, stir until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pour honey/peanut butter mixture over the cereal mixture. Toss to coat well.
- Press mixture into prepared pan. Cool completely (place in fridge to cool faster). Once cool, cut into squares and serve.