I just love making curry! For this Recipe ReDux sponsored contest, I decided to make a sweetpotato and vegetable curry. I really wanted to incorporate the California sweetpotatoes into a delicious dish that went well with the curry taste. This vegetable curry includes carrots, celery and onions along with the California sweetpotatoes, making a fabulous combo! Disclosure: I received free samples of California sweetpotatoes mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the California Sweetpotato Council and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
Sweetpotato and Vegetable Curry
- 4 California sweetpotatoes, peeled and chopped
- 5 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 tablespoons curry powder (or desire amount)
- 1 can coconut milk
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat chopped California sweetpotatoes with olive oil and place on a baking sheet. Place baking sheet in oven and bake for 35-40 mins, or until potatoes are soft.
- While California sweetpotatoes are baking, place chopped celery, carrots, onion, coconut milk and curry powder in large pot and bring to a simmer. Stir occasionally.
- Add the California sweetpotatoes and cooked rice to the curry mixture and stir. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes. Remove from heat and serve.
Note: Add water to the curry mixture if more liquid is needed.