Slow cooker desserts?! I am just as surprised as you are. It wasn't until this year that I was introduced to slow cooker dessert recipes and boy do I love them! For this month's Recipe ReDux (No casserole crock pot) I decided to go with that popular dessert trend and make a hawaii inspired ;) (pineapple and coconut) rice pudding. I enjoyed this Recipe ReDux because I am familiar with how a slow cooker works and it really brought out the pineapple and cranberry flavors! The dried fruits were definitely a good idea. :)
Coconut Pineapple Cranberry Rice Pudding
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dried pineapple
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
non-stick cooking spray
- Lightly spray the inside of a 4 quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine cooked rice, coconut milk, milk, water and sugar. Stir in butter, dried pineapple, dried cranberries and cinnamon. Pour mixture into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 2 hours. Stir before serving. Enjoy :)