With a limited amount of time this semester, I haven't had a chance to really work in the kitchen and create a variety of dishes for my posts. However, here is something I found rather fun and easy to make. I made some yogurt covered bananas with some of my favorite toppings: walnuts, marshmallows, sprinkles and dark chocolate chips. YUM.
Frozen Yogurt Banana Pops
- 2 bananas, peeled and halved
- 1 (6-ounce) vanilla yogurt (I used two different flavors/colors)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 10 mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles
- Popsicles sticks
- Peel and cut each banana in half.
- Insert a popsicle stick into each banana half and place on a plate.
- Dip banana into yogurt, using a spoon, pour the mixture over the banana to coat evenly.
- Sprinkle walnuts, marshmallows, chocolate chips and sprinkles separately on each banana, covering most of the yogurt.
- Place covered bananas on plate and put in freezer for 2 hours, or until yogurt is frozen. Serve immediately after removing from freezer.