Avocado cookies?? That's right! And they are tasty too. Adding avocados to baked goods in replacement of butter or oil is a great way to lower the fat and calories. This recipe is simple and delicious. The banana gives the cookies a great flavor as the avocado gives it a fluffy and soft texture. I added white chocolate chips to this batch because well, you can't go wrong with chocolate. I hope you enjoy this recipe :)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, combine flours and baking soda.
- In a large bowl, mix avocado, banana, sugars, vanilla and egg, with an electric mixer, until smooth. Add the flour mixture and beat until blended. Stir in white chocolate chips.
- Spoon dough onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on baking sheet until firm. Remove from baking sheet and serve.