Black bean baked goods= great idea! I really liked my previous post using black beans in a brownie recipe so I couldn't resist making another black bean dessert. So I went a little crazy with the decor on these cookies by adding both pecans and chocolate chunks! YUM. The cookies were chocolaty and delicious and didn't taste like beans AT ALL. I hope you enjoy this recipe and try adding your favorite toppings.
Black Bean Chocolate Chunk Pecan Cookies
- 1 can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed well
- 6 tablespoons skim milk
- 1 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips, plus more for sprinkling on top
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease baking sheet.
- Combine black beans, milk, peanut butter, and olive oil in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add whole wheat flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and vanilla and blend until mixture together evenly.
- Stir in dark chocolate chips.
- Spoon 16 dollops evenly spaced dollops of the batter onto the baking sheet and sprinkle with the extra chocolate chips and chopped pecans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until firm.