I love banana bread. I grew up eating banana bread and now I love to bake it! Banana bread is a great snack for a busy day or a delicious and nutritious side to a heart healthy breakfast. In this case, I made this banana bread more of a dessert by adding semi-sweet chocolate chips! I have a terrible sweet tooth but with this recipe I am satisfied with just one slice. It is filling, sweet and packed with flavor. Hope you enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
Yield: 1 10-inch Loaf
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons skim milk
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (about 4 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease 10-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, sift flours, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together sugar and butter. Slowly add in egg. Add applesauce and mashed bananas, mix well.
- Mix in dry ingredients
- Add chocolate chips, mix evenly.
- Pour mixture into pan and sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top. Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until brown. Serve and enjoy.