Pizza is the new obsession for this month on my blog and it's perfect for this month's Recipe ReDux theme: PIZZA PARTY! I decided to make a delicious eggplant and tomato parmesan pizza to share with all of my wonderful followers. I never had eggplant on my pizza before but it was a great combination with the tomato and parmesan cheese. I think it would have been better with more vegetables but this was such a simple recipe.
Eggplant and Tomato Parmesan Pizza
- whole wheat ready to make pizza dough
- marinara sauce
- cherry tomatoes
- parmesan cheese
(I didn't put measurements for this recipe because you can create it with however much you want! :])
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place pizza dough on baking sheet and roll out dough to form a 12" circle.
- Pour marinara sauce on dough and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese on sauce layer.
- Place the eggplant and cherry tomatoes on cheese layer. Sprinkle with more cheese, if desired.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy and brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Cut into 8 slices and enjoy!