Rice pudding has always been one of my favorite desserts but lately I've been eating it as a snack with many tropical goodies. This tropical rice pudding has a lovely ginger flavor that really goes well with pineapple, strawberries, bananas, mango and many more. Enjoy :)
Tropical Ginger Rice Pudding
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 2 cups whole grain brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ¼ cup light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- In small frying pan or in toaster oven, toast coconut flakes, until brown. Set aside, reserving 1 tablespoon.
- In a saucepan, combine cooked rice and coconut milk. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar, spices and coconut flakes.
- Top it off with pineapple dices and remaining coconut flakes and serve.