Minty chocolate milk, it's delicious! If you love mint flavored treats then you will love this month’s recipe theme “Beverages are Hot”. It’s true, they are. I love mint-flavored desserts such as ice cream or chocolate bars, so I decided to make chocolate milk with mint to make a refreshing beverage. I hope you enjoy the minty freshness. :)
Minty Chocolate Milk
- 2 cups skim milk (or your preferred milk %)
- 3-4 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 4 mint leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons sugar (I used stevia)
- In a large pot on the stove top with LOW heat, pour milk and cocoa powder and stir for 3-5 minutes.
- Place mint leaves in milk mixture and stir continuously so milk won’t burn. Add sugar and stir. Heat milk mixture for 5-6 more minutes.
- Remove mint leaves from mixture. Turn stove top off and remove pot from burner. Pour chocolate milk in cups and put in refrigerator for 20-25 minutes or until cool.
- Take out of refrigerator and serve. Garnish with mint leave, if desired.