I'm always in the mood for ice cream! When coming up with this delicious, ice cream inspired dessert, I wanted to create a shake that my friends could enjoy. I know a lot of people who do not consume enough milk (for calcium) in their diet, plus milk is a great way to refuel after a busy day. What a great opportunity to share this refreshing beverage with my friends and followers, thanks to the California Dairy Recipe ReDux Challenge.This shake tasted just like a banana split and it was refreshing, satisfying and a perfect way to start my day.
Healthy Banana Split Shake
- 1/2 cup California Dairy vanilla milk
- 1/2 cup California Dairy chocolate milk
- 1/2 cup California Dairy strawberry milk
- 3 large bananas, frozen and ripe
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup ice
- Rainbow sprinkles, optional
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth, adding liquid if mixture is too thick.
- Pour mixture into a cup and top it out with rainbow sprinkles.
“I received a gift card to offset the expense of my ingredients. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the California Milk Advisory Board and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”