I really need a cookie! Nutella and Coconut Cookies really hit the spot today after my last final at school. As I get excited for summer, I know I will be making more of these cookies since they are made with Nutella! Yum. Nutella has been a popular spread for sandwiches, toast, pancakes, etc! I recently found out that it is perfect to add to cookie recipes like these delicious Nutella and Coconut Cookies, making each cookie delectable and chocolatey. To make these cookies extra delicious I added chopped hazelnuts to emphasize my liking for hazelnuts and of course, I added coconut. My fave. <3
Nutella and Coconut Cookies
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Nutella spread
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
Other mix-ins: walnuts, pecans, chocolate chips, raisins and many more!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine flour, cocoa powder, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl.
- Beat butter and eggs with electric mixer in a large bowl until smooth. Mix in vanilla extract and Nutella spread.
- Add flour mixture to butter/egg mixture and mix well. Fold in chopped hazelnuts and shredded coconut. Drop the dough onto greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Allow to cool for 1 minute on baking sheet before serving. Enjoy!