Breakfast is the most important meal of the day... so why not make it the best meal of the day! I love eating oatmeal in the morning and I especially like eating it with tropical fruit. There are many ways to eat your oatmeal and not having it tasting so bland. I know many people who add sugar to their oatmeal to make it extra sweet, well, I learned that you can sweeten your oatmeal with natural sugars in fruit or with honey. This morning I tried making my oatmeal with papaya, strawberries and apple bananas. Sweet. Simple. Delicious.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tablespoon shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- 1 papaya
- 1 banana, sliced
- 4 strawberries, cut in half
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Combine oats and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and let oatmeal simmer, until water is absorbed
- Remove from heat and add milk, shredded coconut and honey. Stir mixture.
- Pour oatmeal into a bowl and top with papaya, banana, strawberries and walnuts.