Need an idea for something simple, easy and crowd pleasing? Pasta salad is my go to recipe when in need for a party, banquet or just a simple pasta salad with dinner. The ingredient combinations are endless when it comes to making this well loved side dish. In this delicious recipe I included sun dried tomatoes, fresh arugula, and olives to give it a rich flavor and I topped it off with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, italian seasoning and parmesan cheese. This was definitely my favorite past salad yet!
Sundried Tomato Pasta Salad
- 3 cups whole wheat macaroni
- 1 cup arugula leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (8.5-ounce) jar sun dried tomatoes packed in olive oil, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup halved pitted Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese, optional
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- Place cooked macaroni in a large bowl. Add all ingredients to macaroni and mix well. Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Refrigerate before serving. Enjoy.