Eating the recommended servings of fruits and vegetables daily can be a struggle especially if you are bored with the same old choices. Carrots are a popular veggie choice, approximately 12 pounds are consumed per person according to the USDA. They are a great source of vitamin A and can be used in savory OR sweet dishes. Personally, I am not a huge fan of carrots but when I was assigned to prepare a carrot dish at work, I used this opportunity to make something different and delicious using healthy ingredients. These sweetie carrot bites are a perfect snack, salad or dessert. I really enjoyed making them and I think you will like them too!
Carrot Cake Bites
- 1 12-ounce bag baby carrots, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup almonds, sliced
- 2 tablespoons agave or honey
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- In a large pot, boil water. Add carrots to boiling water and boil for 15 minutes, or until soft. Drain and let cool.
- In a blender, combine the vanilla almond milk, cinnamon, almonds, agave and shredded coconut. Blend until mixture is smooth.
- In a large bowl, place boiled carrots in bowl and pour blended mixture on top. Toss carrots until fully covered. Top with raisins and shredded coconut. Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until cool and serve.