How do I celebrate National Pasta Month?! By making individual spinach lasagna roll-ups for my whole family (roommates)! Pasta is a great foundation for any kind of meal. It boasts energy, satisfies hunger, and pairs with vegetables and lean proteins to make it an awesome dish to share. In honor of October as National Pasta Month, I wanted to make my favorite pasta dish while keeping portions in mind and veggies included. Being a college student, I find it timely to make dinner after a long day of work and school, so pasta is my go-to meal. Pasta is super easy to make and can be complimented with a variety of sauces, veggies and meat... so I am sharing this spinach lasagna roll-up recipe because I found it cost effective, portion controlled and didn't leave me with any pasta left overs.
“By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by the National Pasta Association and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups
- 6 whole wheat lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or oregano)
Note: you can add ground turkey or more vegetables to these wraps for a more filling meal!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lay out a noodle on a flat surface. Spread a layer the marinara sauce, then cottage cheese, spinach and mozzarella cheese. Roll the noodle up, and place seam side down in a greased 8x8 pan. Repeat for other noodles. Top with remaining sauce, mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with Italian seasoning (or oregano).
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.
Nutrition Facts per serving: 265 calories, 32 grams carbohydrate, 4 grams fat, 26 grams protein, 5 grams fiber and 7 grams sugar.