Say Cheese! Pepper Jack cheese that is. The big game is just around the corner and its time to start making your best snacks for the party. I came up with this cheese crusted chicken and spinach quesadillas, it was cheesy and delicious! Now I am ready to watch some football.
“By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe challenge sponsored by Cabot Creamery and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.”
Pepper Jack Crusted Chicken-Spinach Quesadilla
Makes I serving
- 1 (8 inch) whole wheat tortilla
- 2 ounces Cabot Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces of cooked chicken thigh meat
- ¼ cup frozen spinach, cooked and drained
- ¼ cup salsa
- In a 10 inch skillet over medium heat, sprinkle 1 ounce or half the cheese. Place tortilla on top and let heat for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle rest of cheese, chicken and spinach evenly over tortilla. Allow to cook until you can see that the cheese on the skillet has adhered to the tortilla and is beginning to brown.
- Fold tortilla over and let cook for another minute or so always checking that the cheese on the outside is not getting too brown.
- Slide out of pan, cut into 4.
- Serve with salsa and enjoy.