Happy ALMOST National Nut Day (October 22nd)!
In honor of this month's Recipe ReDux theme "Share a healthy nut-filled recipe: Think whole nuts, chopped nuts, ground nuts, nut butter and/or nut flour", I made fruit and nut yogurt bark!
I like to use nuts as toppings for many of my meals. I especially enjoy walnuts, almonds and pecans and I try to incorporate these healthy protein sources into my diet. I enjoy adding them to oatmeal, smoothies, baked goods and home-made trail mix.
For this recipe, I decided to scope out my fridge for ingredients and I was able to find yogurt, grapes, strawberries, walnuts and pecans! This recipe is simple, delicious and sweet enough for dessert.
Fruit & Nut Yogurt Bark
- 2 cups non-fat plain greek yogurt (use any flavor you like)
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup pecans, halved
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 10 grapes, diced
- Mix the yogurt and honey together until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and pour the yogurt mixture on top. Spread it as thick or thin as you want the bark to be.
- Sprinkle the walnuts, pecans, strawberries and grapes on top of yogurt mixture and place in the freezer for 2 hours or until it is completely frozen.
- Remove from the freezer and cut the bark into pieces. Store in freezer bags and enjoy when craving!
What's your favorite kind of nut?