Halloween is tomorrow and I am trying OH SO VERY HARD to not indulge in all the sweets and baked goods that I have ready for the big Halloween celebration tomorrow night. So, to make my night before Halloween more healthful and Halloween color inspired, I made this delicious roasted garlic butternut squash and kale side dish to go along with tonights chicken dinner. This recipe is simple to make and has me feeling less guilty for when I eat some sweet treats tomorrow night!
How are you celebrating Halloween this year?
Roasted Garlic Butternut Squash and Kale
- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled, seeded and diced (about 1 large squash)
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups kale, washed, stemmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine butternut squash, onion, olive oil, minced garlic and cinnamon. Mix well until squash is fully coated.
- Pour butternut squash mixture on a greased baking sheet or pan. Add kale on top and sprinkle with garlic salt and black pepper.
- Place pan in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until squash is fully cooked. Enjoy!
For more kale recipes, check out my Crispy Kale Chips!