I kicked off this football season with my awesome Green Bay Packer Garlic Hummus 7-Layer Dip! I grew up watching football games with the family routing for the Green Bay Packers while eating my dad's infamous 7-layer dip. I was excited to redux this tailgating favorite for the Sabra #TwoSpoons Tailgating Recipe Challenge sponsored by Sabra Dipping Co, LLC. Especially since I love Sabra hummus!
I used the Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus as the base of my dip, then added non-fat plain yogurt (instead of sour cream), refried black beans, mild salsa, shredded cheese blend, home-made guacamole and topped it off with a cilantro lime and yellow bell pepper mixture to represent my favorite team's colors! This 7-layer dip was devoured immediately and was a real hit among my friends.
“By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by Sabra Dipping Co. LLC, and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I received coupons for free product used in testing this recipe. I was not compensated for my time.”
DID YOU KNOW that #TwoSpoons heaping spoonfuls of hummus a day will fulfill your bean recommendation for the week!
Green Bay Packers Roasted Garlic Hummus 7-Layer Dip
- 1 (10-ounce) container Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus
- 1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
- 1 (15-ounce) can refried black beans
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese blend
- 3 cups guacamole (homemade or Sabra store bought)
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed and minced
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a 8x12 pan or container, pour the Sabra Roasted Garlic Hummus as base layer. Then continue to add each layer: non-fat plain yogurt, refried black beans, salsa, shredded cheese, and guacamole. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine minced cilantro, yellow bell pepper and lime juice. Mix well.
- Sprinkle the cilantro and bell pepper mixture on top to complete the 7-layer dip. Refrigerate for 30 minutes and enjoy!
What's your tailgate favorite?