Eat your fruits and veggies! When I can find the time to get to the grocery store I like to stock up on berries, nuts and spinach. These three ingredients are packed full of nutrients and make a delicious combo in a cup (smoothie) or on a plate (salad). Since I make smoothies like every other day, I decided to focus on making a salad. One of my favorite salad combinations includes strawberries, spinach, macadamia nuts and walnuts. I added chia seeds and a balsamic vinaigrette to this recipe.
I also love red and green color combo... is it Christmas yet?
What's your favorite salad combo?
Strawberry, Spinach and Nut Salad
- 1 (5-ounce) package spinach or mixed greens, washed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, stemmed and sliced (or diced)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 3/4 cup Raspberry Vinaigrette (or balsamic vinaigrette)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and mix well, until evenly coated.
- Place in fridge for 15 minutes and serve immediately.
Note: add some feta cheese or other berries for more flavor!