Candy overload!! It is safe to say that Valentine's Day weekend was a success and I am still munching on the goodies I made and the candy I received. For this month's Recipe ReDux we are to create a recipe with our leftover Valentine's Day chocolate. Well, I was in the mood for some cookies and chocolate. Now that's a great combination. I do realize that an old fashion cookie recipe would not be very creative so I tried something different. I have never made gluten-free baked goods before so this was my chance to try. If you have any nut butters in your cupboard I would definitely recommend this recipe! I used almond butter since my roommate is allergic to peanut butter and made these simple, chewy, gluten-free almond butter cookies.
Gluten-Free Almond Butter Cookies
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Valentine's Day chocolate droplets
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, beat egg lightly. Add almond butter, brown sugar, coconut flour and baking soda. Mix all ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate.
- Scoop dough onto a greased baking sheet. With a rubber spatula, flatten the dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool and serve.