Happy Easter everyone! I hope all of my followers are enjoying a wonderful Easter Sunday and are ready for dessert. I know this is a little late to post for those looking for a recipe to make tonight but it's always nice to have a spare recipe for the next big occasion! These cupcakes are ready to be served after my Easter dinner tonight and I know they will be gone in a minute. They are gluten-free, delicious and super chocolatey.
GF Chocolate Coconut Cupcakes
- 2 cups coconut flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 (8-ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F. Line cupcake pans with liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. Then add eggs, oil, and water. Mix on low speed until blended.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 18-20 minutes or until done.
- Cool cakes in their pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and continue to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended.
- Gradually add in powdered sugar until fully blended.
- Put cream cheese frosting in a piping bag and frost cupcakes. Top it off with sprinkles and enjoy!