It's National Doughnut Day!!! What are you doing to celebrate? I was super excited to create these mini blueberry yellow cake doughnuts to share with my friends and coworkers since free doughnuts are being served all day today at specific locations. I recently bought a mini doughnut baking pan that I was still experimenting with but I knew it was time to perfect the mini cake doughnut! To make these doughnuts special, I added Wild Blueberries into the mix and ended up with a blueberry-lemon type flavor or so it reminded me of that combination.
Mini Wild Blueberry Cake Doughnuts
- 1 15-ounce box yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup dried Wild Blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, combine yellow cake mix, eggs, coconut oil and water. Mix well.
- Stir in dried Wild Blueberries.
- Spoon mixture into a piping bag and pipe mixture into a greased mini doughnut pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown.