There's a new favorite smoothie in town this summer! It's bright pink and packed with nutrients! It's Pitaya, also known as dragon fruit which is a tropical fruit that is low-calorie, full of antioxidants, vitamin C and fiber. Pitaya is versatile and can be paired with any fruit combination. This smoothie is refreshing, delicious and appealing to the eye with its vibrant pink color. Keep the tropical theme going by adding pineapple and bananas, to make it a bit thicker add non fat Greek vanilla yogurt and top it off with sunflower seeds, nuts and dried cranberries.
What's your favorite summer smoothie recipe?
Summer Pitaya Smoothie
Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 3.5-ounce Pitaya PLUS Dragonfruit smoothie pack, frozen (or you can use fresh pitaya/dragonfruit)
- 2 large bananas, frozen
- 1/2 cup pineapple, frozen
- 3/4 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/2 cup water or juice
- 2 tablespoons trail mix or granola
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add more water for a thin consistency.
- Top with trail mix or granola and enjoy!