Gotta love birthdays! Many of my close friends have birthdays during the summer and we always find it difficult to set a time and/or day to celebrate together. Since we are a close group, I thought instead of baking dozens of cupcakes for only a few people, I might as well get the numbers right and bake the exact amount! (Saves me time, money and ingredients) This recipe is simple, delicious, cheap and incredibly convenient since I had all ingredients on hand!
The next time you need to bake a cake for a friends birthday or celebration, be sure to make just enough for the ones you love.
Or use this recipe to satisfy your sweet tooth...I won't tell anyone.
Chocolate Hazelnut Cupcakes for Four
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 4 tablespoons skim milk (or water)
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
- 8 tablespoons chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/4 cup strawberries or bananas, cubed or sliced (or fruit of your choice)
- Preheat oven to 325F and line a cupcake pan with liners.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add in milk, oil and vanilla and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon mixture into four cupcake liners or greased pan and bake for 15-18 minutes, or until firm.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Frost cupcakes with chocolate hazelnut spread or Nutella. Top with strawberries or banana slices. Enjoy!