Valentine's Day is right around the corner and everyone is getting ready to celebrate with their loved ones. Instead of spending a bunch of money on candy or flowers, why not make a delicious dessert you can enjoy right at home? These strawberry almond sugar cookies will satisfy anyone's sweet tooth and have you coming back for more! ;) The recipe is simple, sweet and has some Valentine's Day flare.
Make it simple and fun on this love filled day. <3
Strawberry Almond Sugar Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar together. Mix in the almond extract. Add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well. Fold in diced strawberries.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls and flatten with your hand. Place the cookies on a prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until slightly golden brown on the edges. Allow the cookies to cool and enjoy.