To start off 2016, I decided to make a delicious meal for my family that included chicken and potatoes. Chicken Marsala is a quick and flavorful meal and it can be paired with various vegetables such as roasted carrots, asparagus or even a green salad. For this recipe I was excited to coat the red potatoes with my favorite seasonings: oregano, basil, and rosemary + garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper. These roasted potatoes make the perfect side dish!
This recipe is a great way to start the New Year for those of us who want to incorporate more protein and vegetables into our diet. One goal I have for 2016 is to get in the kitchen more around dinner time.
How did you start off the New Year?
Chicken Marsala with Roasted Red Potatoes
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 4 medium sized red potatoes, washed and diced
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- extra-virgin olive oil
For Chicken Marsala:
- 4 (3-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons Garlic and Herb Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup Marsala Cooking Wine
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, as needed for thickener
- Preheat over to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, olive oil, oregano, basil, rosemary and garlic. Mix well.
- Place coated potatoes on a greased baking sheet or pan. Bake for 30-45 minutes or until knife can puncture through potato easily.
- While potatoes are cooking, season both sides of chicken breast with garlic and herb seasoning. In a large pan over high heat, add olive oil. Place chicken breasts on pan and brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from pan and place on a clean plate. Set aside.
- In a clean pan over medium heat, add butter and garlic. Add green onion and mushrooms. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour chicken broth and Marsala Cooking Wine into pan. Stir in flour to thicken mixture. Let simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add cooked chicken breast to Marsala mixture and simmer with cover, for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan and place on clean plate. Top it off with Marsala sauce and mushrooms from pan. Add 1 cup of roasted potatoes to plate. Enjoy!