While in college, I found it difficult to pack a lunch and eat breakfast before catching the bus to school. I was always pressed for time and running out the door that I would forget to grab food (mostly breakfast). So I developed a few recipes that would be simple, delicious and time saving-- so I could just grab and go out the door on time every morning. Now I love to plan out my meals and one of my favorite quick and easy breakfast recipes is a mini pancake parfait! Instead of using granola for a fruit and yogurt parfait, use already cooked mini pancakes!! Layer your parfait with your favorite yogurt, nuts or fruit.
This month's Recipe Redux theme wants us to get creative, "Cooks aren’t always pressed for time in the mornings – they just need new ideas. Think mug cakes, smoothie bowls, breakfast cookies and more. Show us the healthy way you wake up your breakfast – or wake up just for breakfast!"-- I am proud to share this recipe as a quick prep meal but also as a new idea for your everyday breakfast. I hope you enjoy!
Fruit & Yogurt Mini Pancake Parfait
Yield: 1 serving
- 5 mini pancakes, cooked
- 1 ( 5.3-ounce) coconut cream yogurt
- 6 strawberries, stemmed and diced
- 1 medium banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 plastic cup
- In a cup, place a mini pancake for the bottom layer. Add 1/2 of yogurt cup on top to cover pancake. Then layer with fruit. Add three mini pancakes, to cover fruit layer. Repeat until cup is full and all ingredients are used.
- Top it off with a chopped pancake, extra fruit or nuts.
427 calories, 19 g PRO, 347 mg sodium, 5 g fiber