Celebrate National Chocolate Cake Day with this Slimmed Down Chocolate Cake!
Recipe originally posted on http://mommyhoodbytes.com/celebrate-national-chocolate-cake-day-with-this-slimmed-down-chocolate-cake-recipe/
Yield: 24 servings
Dark Chocolate Zucchini Bundt Cake
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the coconut oil, sugars, and vanilla. Add the butter milk and Greek yogurt. Mix well.
- Add the flours, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda and mix again. Stir in zucchini and chocolate chips, until batter is well combined.
- Spread the batter in a greased bundt cake pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Top with powdered sugar and serve.
Tip: You can also add walnuts or coconut to this recipe to change it up!
Nutrition Facts Per serving (with powdered sugar on top)
112 calories, 13 g CHO, 6 g FAT, 3 g PRO, 137 mg sodium, 5 g sugar