April and May are the two months for nonstop birthdays in the Sloan family... My mom, sister and I have birthdays within 2 weeks of eachother so our family is celebrating birthdays back to back! In preparation for these awesome parties we like to try out new recipes. This was a PERFECT opportunity for me to make some delicious tapas as a part of this month's Recipe Redux, "Small bites are perfect for trying many different tastes. Take tapas style eating outside for al fresco dining or a simple picnic. Or maybe you’re serving small bites at a bridal or baby shower or a graduation party. Show us your healthy take on small plates and finger foods."
I sauteed some shrimp with garlic and butter then added it to a few lettuce boats (romaine hearts) and topped it off with fresh pineapple, bacon bits and sweet chili sauce. YUMMY!
These were definitely a hit at the birthday celebration!
As my brother said "if you like sweet shrimp, this is delicious!" aw thanks, David <3
I hope you enjoy!
Sweet Chili & Shrimp Lettuce Wraps
Yield: 12 servings
- 48 shrimps, peeled and de-tailed
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 tabelspoon garlic, minced
- 12 romaine hearts, rinsed
- 4 cups fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 cup bacon bits
- sweet chili sauce
- In a medium pan, melt butter and add garlic. Saute shrimp in butter and garlic mixture. Set aside.
- Assemble lettuce boats. Add 3-4 pieces of shrimp to each boat. Top with pineapple and bacon bits. Add sweet chili sauce and enjoy!