Cinco De Mayo calls for home-made goodies and traditional mexican recipes! This includes seven layer dips, shrimp or steak tacos, refreshing margaritas (frozen or on the rocks!), salsa and of course, GUACAMOLE!
Guacamole is one of those recipes that you can add your own flavor or twist to. These traditional recipes then become popular at all the family functions and we force the creator to make it at every get together. (hehe, just kidding?) My sister is a great example of this because she is known as the guacamole goddess at the Sloan house. She makes the best guacamole that I (and my family + a few friends) has every had! SO for this Cinco De Mayo we all know who is making the guacamole!
Try my sister's amazing recipe and enjoy the fiesta in May!
Jen's Delicious Guacamole
Recipe By: Jennifer Sloan
- 4 medium avocados, pitted and diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 1 Serrano pepper, finely diced (carefully remove seeds and wash hands)
- Juice of 1 lime, remove seeds
- 2 tablespoons Garlic and Herb seasoning
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine avocado, tomato, onion and Serrano pepper. Mix well.
- Add lime juice, seasoning, salt and pepper. Mix well. Top with cheese, olives or tomatoes and enjoy!
Need an awesome salsa recipe as well? Try my Spicy Pineapple Salsa