Happy Fourth of July weekend to all! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and enjoying some delicious and festive treats. In the spirit of red, white and blue, I made some scrumptious blueberry banana bread bomb pops! One pop will hit the spot and satisfy your celebratory sweet tooth. YUM.
Red, White and Blueberry Banana Bread Bombs
Yield: 24 banana bread bombs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup wild blueberries, frozen
- 1 (12-ounce) container white frosting
- 2 (4-ounce) baking white chocolate bars, melted
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries, crushed
- 24 lollipop sticks or popsicle sticks
- Preheat oven 350 F degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas, sugar, and egg. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients. Mix well. Fold in wild blueberries.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 baking dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until banana bread is firm and cook throughout. Let cool.
- Once banana bread is cool, crumble bread into a large bowl. Add white frosting container and mix well. Shape two tablespoons of bread into balls. Place on parchment paper. Repeat until all bread is used.
- Place lollipop sticks half way through each ball. Place in freezer for 20-30 minutes or until balls are firm and stick stays in place.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt white chocolate baking bar. With each pop, dip into chocolate and cover completely. Place dipped bombs on prepared baking sheet.
- Top with crushed strawberries immediately after dipping. Repeat until all pops are covered. Refrigerate for 10-15 minutes or until chocolate has hardened and enjoy!