I love summer fruits and veggies!
With this month's Recipe Redux theme being "Get Your Fruits and Veggies in Shape", I knew exactly what I wanted to make! Summer= produce galore... and now is a great time to enjoy lots of fruits and vegetables. So Recipe Redux wanted us to show how we serve bounty of gardens and orchards in shapes like ribbons, noodles, cut-outs, or other creative cuts.
What did I choose to make? Something trendy and colorful, of course!
Instead of making a normal fruit salad, why not make your fruit a work of art?! I enjoyed putting each square piece of fruit together to create a gorgeous fruit design! The great thing about this recipe is that all of the ingredients may already be in your kitchen... which moves this recipe to the top of my list.
Simple and delicious.
I added a blueberry into the bunch to give it a more abstract look. :)
Chocolate Fruit "Squares"
Makes 4-6 servings
- 1 orange, peeled and diced
- 2 strawberries, stemmed and diced
- 1 kiwi, skinned and diced
- 4-6 blueberries
- 1 mango, diced
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Microwave chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave safe bowl, for about 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- On a plate, thinly spread 1 tablespoon of melted dark chocolate into a square shape for the background.
- Take one square of each fruit and place on top of chocolate. Repeat until square/rectangle shape forms on plate (4x4 or 3x4 pieces of fruit or more!).
- Serve immediately. Enjoy a taste of dark chocolate with fruit in eat bite!
Your sweet tooth will definitely be satisfied.