Busy, busy schedule this week! I have had little to no time for cooking dinner this week between school and work and that is not ok! haha Getting back into school mode is always a fun transition especially getting a new routine to go along with classes. I have made time for work and school but nothing really in between. Since I have night classes, I decided to make a big batch of my dad's mac and cheese to keep some leftovers for this busy week. It's a simple and delicious meal that is made in less than an hour! Perfect for me when I'm doing homework or getting ready for work or class. This recipe has been in the family for years and we have all tweaked it a little to fit our desires. It's the best comfort food and will always be my favorite family recipe. :)
Baked Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 (1-pound box) elbow macaroni pasta, cooked
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 3-4 cups shredded cheddar (or mixed blend)
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a 9x9 prepared pan, layer cooked pasta then diced onion and 1 cup cheese. Repeat (for about 3-4 layers) until pan is full and pasta is used.
- Pour milk in corners of pan, so milk sets on the bottom of the pan evenly. Salt and pepper to taste and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until brown and crispy on top.
- Take out of oven and let set for about 10 minutes, then enjoy!
Optional: Add cooked and diced hot dogs to this recipe for a mac n cheese + hot dog combo!