HAPPY FRIDAY! It seems that I have only been posting on Fridays lately since I've been so busy with school these past few weeks! Well, this whole week I have been jonesing for some Alfredo pasta! One of my favorite Alfredo recipes is one my dad showed me how to make. I love this combination-- CAJUN + SHRIMP + AlFREDO = HEAVEN <3
This recipe is amazing and has the perfect flavor. It's one of my go-to "comfort food" options during a busy week of school and work... but at least I can bulk it up with some veggies to make my tummy happy.
Cajun Shrimp Linguine Alfredo
- 4 cups cooked Linguine
- 2 cups Alfredo sauce
- 2 cups shrimp, cooked and peeled
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped parsley, to garnish
- In a large pan, saute onion, bell pepper, tomato and garlic with olive oil. Add shrimp and Alfredo sauce and cook for 3-5 minutes. Season with Cajun seasoning, onion powder, salt and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes. Turn off heat.
- Add cooked Linguine to Alfredo mixture. Evenly coat linguini with sauce.
- Portion Linguine onto four plates. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately. ENJOY!