Move over Monday, my Chicken Chili Mac and Cheese recipe makes the beginning of the week feel like the weekend. Growing up playing soccer, I got used to the idea of carbo-loading. Now that I am older and not playing soccer on a regular basis, I like to indulge in a pasta dish every one in a while. This is the ultimate comfort food and I love it.
Since this is considered my birthday week (hehe)-- I am enjoying this delicious comfort food recipe with my family. This recipe is simple, filling and yummy. ENJOY!
Chicken Chili Mac and Cheese
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 pound chicken, diced
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15.25-ounce) canned corn
- 3 tablespoons mild chili powder
- 1 (8-ounce) bag whole wheat macaroni pasta
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese
- salt and pepper, to tase
- In a large skillet, saute olive oil, garlic and onion. Add chicken and cook throughly.
- Add diced tomatoes, beans and corn. Stir in chili powder. Bring to a boil.
- Add macaroni pasta to pan and reduce heat. Simmer for 3-5 minutes or until pasta is completely cooked.
- Top with cheese. Cover with lid and let cheese melt. Serve hot and enjoy!
Check out my first STEP BY STEP recipe video: instagram.com/p/BDmVeK2oRjv/.
Practice makes perfect! :) more coming soon.