Holiday after holiday and I am loving it! With Thanksgiving behind us, I am looking forward to Christmas and spending even MORE time with my friends and family this holiday season. December is a big month for me since I will be finishing up my FIRST semester of grad school, my brother is getting married(!!), I get to go snowboarding for the first time in like 5 years, and my lovely boyfriend is coming to visit! AHH so much to do before then.
So with one step at a time, I am getting through my busy work and school days with festive smoothies! My favorite combination includes berries, spinach and chia seed pudding. YUM. This combination is filling and delicious and a great start to my day.
ALSO, I love making chia seed pudding from scratch. You should give it a try!
For chia pudding recipe (this recipe should be made in advance-- about 3hr-24hrs to be refrigerated)
- 1 cup vanilla or plain almond milk
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1 medium banana
- 1/4 cup non-fat vanilla greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup frozen spinach
- 1 cup water (add more for desired consistency)
- In a container or bowl, combine milk, yogurt, maple syrup and chia seeds. Mix well and cover with lid or plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3-6 hours or overnight, until pudding is set/firm.
- In a blender, combine smoothie ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- With a cup, pour chia seed pudding in first then top with smoothie. Enjoy with a spoon!