On the weekends, I like to change it up from my routine oatmeal for breakfast during the week and actually take the time to whip up something more fancy. Since I found out you can hard boil eggs in the oven (mind-blown--thanks to Erin Palinski-Wade!), I have been using that technique every time I want some hard-boiled eggs for my busy week. As a full time Masters student and dietetic intern, I have been finding it almost impossible to eat healthy during the week because of the limited time I have to cook heart healthy and filling nutritious meals. So I am so happy to have found a way to hard boil eggs without having to monitor the boiling water constantly... this method allows me to have more time to do homework or to prep for more meals in the 1 hour I try to set aside 1x week.
Well, I had quite a few hard boiled eggs left from my meal prep week that I decided to make some breakfast tacos. All you need are 5 simple ingredients! And they may already be in your kitchen-- no extra shopping required.
Makes 4 filling tacos
- 4 hard boiled eggs, one egg per taco (check out Erin Palinski-Wade's HOW TO HARD BOIL EGGS IN THE OVEN post)
- 4 corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup salsa (your favorite kind)
- Cilantro leaves or chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Peel and slice the hard boiled eggs. On a pan on medium heat, place tortillas and top them with cheese. Remove tortillas once cheese is melted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Place tortillas on a plate, place slices of egg on cheese, scoop some salsa and garnish with cilantro leaves. Enjoy!