Is it summer yet? It sure feels like it with this warm weather and the many schools going out of session this week (CONGRATS to those graduating!). So in the spirits of summer ALMOST being here, I decided to celebrate with a nice, cold, refreshing dessert! Now this combination was my mom's favorite but I feel like you could make this dessert with any random flavors you like such as raspberry or mango... but we will save that for next time! ;)
I used strawberry, chocolate and vanilla (YAY NEAPOLITAN FLAVORS!) frozen yogurt and made a delicious frozen layered cake topped with cookie crumbs! It is light, delicious and is sweet enough to satisfy your dessert cravings. Not to mention, it is simple to make and perfect for an occasion!
What's your favorite frozen yogurt flavor?
Frozen Layered Cake with Cookie Crumbs
Yield: 12 servings
- 1 pint vanilla frozen yogurt
- 1 pint strawberry frozen yogurt
- 1 pint chocolate frozen yogurt
- 1/2 cup strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1/2 cup cookie crumbs (pick your favorite cookies)
- Pull frozen yogurt from freezer and let soften at room temperature for 10-15 minutes.
- In a prepared 8x8 inch pan, spoon the first layer of frozen yogurt. Smooth out layer, evenly distributing it in pan. Add next flavor and smooth out evenly.
- Add sliced strawberries on second layer. Pour third flavor on top and smooth out evenly.
- Cover dessert with cookie crumbs and place back in freezer for an hour, to refreeze.
- Take out of freezer and cut into squares. Enjoy immediately!