As a busy grad student, I have found it more and more difficult to leave the house with a packed lunch or snack! OH NO!
Well, I am making it a point to eat and pack nutrient dense foods for on the go-- taking advantage of the seasonal produce, high protein ingredients and making these recipes as simple and delicious as possible!
Here are my top three easy go to snacks for when I have little time to prepare food before class or work:
Peanut Butter Banana Boats topped with Pomegranates
- 1 large banana, cut lengthwise and in half
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, melted
- 1/4 cup pomegranates
Dark Chocolate Dipped Apples with Dried Strawberries and Cranberries with Chia Seeds
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1/4 cup crushed dried strawberries
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
MIX AND MATCH!
Fruit and Nut Yogurt
(Mango+Strawberry+Walnut on Siggis Lingonberry Strawberry Yogurt pictured here)
Multi-Grain Crackers with Laughing Cow Cheese + Fruit and Nuts (strawberries & almonds)
- Multi-Grain Crackers
- 2 Laughing Cow Cheese Triangles
- 4 strawberries, cut in half
- 1/4 cup almond halves or whole