These past few weeks I have enjoyed being on break from school. I have had more time to myself where I have caught up on my blogging, recipe developing and just relaxing. One of my favorite recipes I created this break would be these decadent dark chocolate healthier brownies! Since my sweet tooth will never go away, I like to change up my sugary treats by making them a little healthier with less calories, fat and sugar! So this recipe has applesauce replacing sugar and coconut oil replacing butter-- making these brownies even chewy and delicious!
I hope you enjoy.
Dark Chocolate Brownies
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/3 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-ounce dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Mix well and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt 1-ounce chocolate chips in microwave for 1 minute, stirring every 15 seconds, until fully melted.
- Add applesauce, coconut oil and eggs to melted chocolate. Mix until well combined. Add to dry ingredients and mix. Fold in dark chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into an 8x8 prepared pan. Baked for 28-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Let cool completely and enjoy with a glass of milk! :)