Sweet potatoes are my new obsession this season and I am so excited to share some sweet potato inspired recipes! First things first, I made a delicious homemade sweet potato puree that goes incredibly well with baked goods and smoothies. It is a simple and delicious way to know exactly what ingredients you are putting in your desserts or meals.
I love homemade creations. <3
Sweet Potato Puree
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, washed
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- On a prepared baking sheet, place two sweet potatoes inches from each other. With a fork, poke holes all around each potato.
- Baked for 30-35 minutes, or until sweet potato is soft. Remove from oven and cut in halves.
- Scoop out sweet potato flesh while warm.
- In a blender combine sweet potato, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, allspice, cloves and ginger. Blend until smooth. Add more maple syrup for desired sweetness. Add water for desired consistency. Refrigerate up to 3-5 days. Use in baked goods, smoothies or oatmeal!