Because Peanut Butter (REESE’S) Brownies are life! I am a BIG peanut butter lover and these Leftover Halloween Candy Brownies hit the spot. I like to think I did my family a favor by "getting rid" of the leftover Halloween candy, but I think I just made it worse... in the BEST, DELICIOUS way ever! I was able to use up our Halloween candy by stuffing them in these brownies. All you need is chopped up candy (that would pair well with chocolate) and YUM!
I used Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
Treat yourself and Happy Friday!
Leftover Halloween Candy Brownies
- 1/2 cup butter, unsalted
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Halloween candy (I used Reeses PB Cups), chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate chunks in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, pour into a large mixing bowl, and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- While the chocolate mixture is cooling, take your leftover Halloween candy and chop it up. Set aside.
- Combine the granulated sugar and light brown sugar into the cooled chocolate/butter mixture.
- Slowly whisk in the eggs, one at a time. Add the vanilla and gently fold in the flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- In a prepared 9x9 baking pan, add chopped halloween candies. Pour brownie mix on top and evenly smooth out batter to cover all edges of the pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely before cutting.